1 . Paint grunge a base color using a Paint Dabber. Most of the time I just use Pitch Black. Let paint dry.
2. Once paint has dried completely, stamp design with distress Embossing ink.
3. Apply clear embossing powder over the image and heat emboss with a heat tool until is clear and shiny. Allow embossing to cool.
4. Paint over the entire piece of Grunge including the embossed design.
5. Mist a cloth or paper towel with water using a mini Mister.
6. While paint is still tacky and not completely dry, wipe over the embossed design to remove excess paint leaving behind a shabby wash of color over the design.